THRIVE is always interested in new, relevant services and activities, and has an ongoing need for wellness instructors, workshops leaders, recovery peers, event organizers, artists (visual, musical and otherwise) and creatives of all sorts. We’re also seeking volunteers to welcome visitors, answer phones, and help with light filing. Because we are a community-based, volunteer-powered center, we are always looking to tap into the immense pool of talent and willingness of the recovery community.
· Peer Group & Workshop Leaders/Instructors: Facilitate regularly scheduled peer support groups and/or workshops.
· Reception/Clerical volunteers: Answer phones, greet participants, light typing/filing.
· Outreach volunteers: Assist with phone banking, emails, invitations, flyers, list-building, thank you notes, social media squad, content creators, etc.
· Custodial/Set-up/Clean-up volunteers: Event set-up/break-down, light cleaning, trash disposal.
· Special Event Planning: Develop program, arrange for refreshments and entertainment, create outreach materials.
Suggestions for how we can make the activities and services more appealing and useful to members of the recovery community are always welcome.
Interested in helping out? Give us a shout! Call us today at 631-822-3396 or 516-765-7600. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Family & Children’s Association (FCA) leads the operations and oversight of THRIVE Recovery Community and Outreach Center in partnership with the Long Island Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (LICADD), Long Island Recovery Association (LIRA), and Families in Support of Treatment (F.I.S.T.). THRIVE is funded by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) and through private contributions.